Karen S. McIntyre, Ph.D.
Professor, School of Education
Director, Ed.D. in Leadership and Administration Program
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Pittsburgh
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Certifications
- Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Principal
- Early Childhood and Elementary Teacher
Karen S. McIntyre, Ph.D., is a professor of education and director of the Ed.D. in leadership and administration program in the School of Education at Point Park University. Prior to these roles, she served as the University's provost, senior vice president for academic and student affairs and dean of faculty.
At Point Park, McIntyre also served as vice provost, dean of the School of Arts and Sciences from January 2007 to May of 2009 and chairperson of the education department from 2005 to 2007. Leadership positions she has held at other institutions include president of The Education Policy and Issues Center, director of the Office of Educational Design and Assessment, director of Unit of School Support Services and division director of early childhood education for Pittsburgh Public Schools, as well as elementary and middle school teacher and vice principal for the Diocese of Pittsburgh Catholic Schools.
Point Park Features
- "Karen McIntyre, Ph.D., transitions to leadership of innovative learning," The Point, Spring 2016 issue.
- "Convocation Speakers Welcome, Inspire Point Park University Class of 2019 to Make Connections," Point Park University website, Sept. 1, 2015.
- "Title IX measures aimed toward safety and knowledgeability," The Point, Spring 2015 issue.
- "City-University Life course enhances learning experience," The Point, Spring 2014 issue.
- "At Convocation, words of advice for new students as academic year begins," Point Park University website, Aug. 31, 2012.